?

Log in

Celibacy is Right [entries|friends|calendar]
Celibacy is Right!

[ userinfo | livejournal userinfo ]
[ calendar | livejournal calendar ]

Extreme Celibacy [24 Oct 2006|05:05am]

xcelibacy
Hi everyone,
I have just joined LiveJournal and am writing about my own celibacy journey. Please click my picture to check it out. Thanks.
XC
1 comment|post comment

Journal re: Celibacy [30 Mar 2006|09:56am]

uneekone
Feel free to friend up and / or dialogue!

http://uneekone.livejournal.com/

Thank you.
post comment

Shock & Confusion [04 Mar 2006|11:53pm]

msbolitar
Hello all, I've just joined LJ & found your community very inviting. There is a lot going on in here, I can tell! I just want to say, (not imposing my ideas on anyone of course) that celibacy is right for some people, but I think that if you let it take over because sex is so widespread you'll miss out on so much. 
I wanted to ask: Is it a fear of sex that keeps you celibate? Could you say its because of the way you have been raised that may have given you certain ideas about relationships?

I'll give you a quick idea of my situation. I was a virgin until 17 & recently broke up with my boyfriend of almost 2 and a half years. I had the best time of my life & wouldn't give up a minute of what we had, or turn back the clock. But I won't be jumping into having sex again with anyone else anytime soon either. Sex is such a special thing but if you wait and do it with ONE person that makes you unhappy after 5 years of the best love, won't you have regretted cherishing something that you are too old to give away ever again? Food for thought - let it simmer.
36 comments|post comment

[08 Sep 2005|03:27pm]

indie_psycho
I am 20/F/cali.
Lately I have been depressed and lonely. I feel that nobody else is like me. I want a loving relationship.. but without sex. Are there any guys who want this. I feel like I will never find the right one. I just want someone to be able to hold me and love me without wanting to get into my pants. I am also very self conscience because I don't have a perfect body. I am a big girl and that is another reason I feel that I won't find the right one because most guys don't want big girls. Am I the only one who feels like this (about the celibacy part)?
Please help. I feel like a weirdo.

love.
6 comments|post comment

I need opinions [10 Jul 2005|06:21pm]

sup_slut
A few years ago I decided to become Celibate, at that point I was just waiting until I found the right person to be with.
Now, I am at the point where I do not feel as if I'll ever want to have sex. So, I've decided to atleast consider the option of being Celibate forever.

The only problem is, even though not now, I'll eventually want to be in a loving relationship.
I just don't feel like I'll ever find someone who can deal with the way I want to live.

Are there actually people (specifically men) out there that would be able to be in love with a woman who pretty much says no to most physical contact and sex?
4 comments|post comment

25+ and still a virgin? [16 May 2005|12:31am]

kruszer
I'm being bad and cross posting this to a few forums, but I'm doing so in hopes that many people will take interest in this new community which I trust will benefit many.

http://www.livejournal.com/community/virgins_over_25/

This is a forum primarily for those of us over the age of 25 who have chosen premarital abstinence but are now finding ourselves in a minority among young and older adults. As most of our "true love waits" peers have married in their early twenties, we face a unique challenge as an unmarried adult in our late twenties, thirties, even forties.

Although this forum was designed with vigins in mind, I equally welcome those over 25 who have chosen second virginity and are living in abstinence; as well as anyone who is now married who was a virgin past the age of 25. (25 is the magic number, but if you're a bit younger and really want to join, let me know, I make a few exceptions.)

If you're an older virgin by choice and struggle at times with staying true to your commitment, this community is for you. My hope is that we can join together to support and encourage one another to stay on the road we've chosen and travelled on for so long.
post comment

New Member Says Hi [24 Jan 2005|02:28am]

vikingknight
Hello everyone,
I'm new to the group. Another virginity group I joined has people introduce themselves by completing a survey, so I'll go ahead and paste it here.

>> Reasons for remaining a virgin?

(a) No lover is remembered more sweetly or more passionately than the first. My wife will be the woman with whom I bond; I do not want memories of others to intrude on us when we are intimate – or when times are rough. To those who claim that their first time was "no big deal", I would ask: Did you truly love the other person? Did you ever consider remaining faithful to that person for the rest of your life?

(b) I also believe that past behavior is the best indicator of future behavior. My virginity is a guarantee to my future wife that I have the fortitude to remain faithful to her, no matter what challenges and difficulties we may face. That gift, once given to her, cannot be revoked or given to anyone else.

(c) If a man and woman are going to be faithful to one another, then that fidelity should extend through the past, as well as the present and future. Conversely, if two people do not care about saving themselves beforehand, then they have little to gain by remaining faithful afterwards. But when my soulmate and I are united, I want our love to be one, eternal, and timeless.

(d) To me, virginity is only meaningful when it is mutual. That is why I am saving myself for a woman who is also saving herself for me. Where morality is concerned, men and women must both be judged against the same standard. Only another virgin can understand and appreciate what that sacrifice means – and feel the same joy when the long wait has finally ended.

>> How old are you?
I am 34 years old. The woman I seek is probably much younger than me; however, I understand that many of the young ladies here consider me to be too old for them. I stake my life on the hope that one does not.
***PLEASE NOTE: The woman I seek is an _adult_, and therefore is at least 18 years of age. If you're under 18, I'd be honored to have you as one of my many platonic friends -- but that's as far as it goes.

>> Where are you from? Where do you live?
I've lived in California for most of my life. I am now living in Spokane, Washington. I have no roots tying me anywhere and am willing to go wherever my lady is to be with her.

>> Have you had opportunities for sex? or just one? none?
I've had several opportunities, one of them very high pressure. I took none of the women up on it because they did not share my convictions.

>> Are you religious at all? If so, does it play a part in your reasoning for virginity?
No; I am an atheist. It would be unethical for me to go to church to find a wife.

>> Are you looking forward to sex, when you find somebody to share it with, and are you ready for it?
I am ready for it and still long for it as much as when I was eighteen.

>> Do you remember how old you were when you decided not to have sex?
It was in my childhood; I cannot remember when. It is one of the most important things my grandmother taught me.

My journal is totally public and has entries that describe me, my dream girl, and what I believe. Even if you are not the young woman I seek, you may know her, or know someone who does. I'm willing to be friends with just about everyone, and would love to get to know anyone who shares my ideals. Just leave a comment or drop me a line! I look forward to talking with you--
John
7 comments|post comment

[14 Dec 2004|10:49pm]

kcchatte
[ mood | confused ]

Why Celibacy is right?? cuz sex is bad? i´m a bit confused about this topic, somebdy please wanna make it clear for me, I´m 25 and I´m still virgin but it´s because I don´t feel attracted for having sex, this is normal?? or just I´m a sad freako like some(horrible) people uses to call me :(.

7 comments|post comment

new member! [02 Nov 2004|02:59pm]
mixed_emoceans
hi!
i'm gabby and i am so glad that i found this community. it seems everywhere i go i am overwhelmed by sex. how to make it better last longer blablahblah...whatever.
i honestly think that sex is a commitment you should make to the person you marry and since i'm only seventeen, it's gonna be a little while!
so...i just wanted to say hi and introduce myself.
:)
2 comments|post comment

celibacy's role in GOD's plan for our fulfillment in heaven [07 Sep 2004|08:54pm]
pheredes
GOD wants to maximize the experience of pleasure for souls admitted to heaven (we know this because it's impossible that HE would want to minimize it). HE does this by making people live on earth first. The more suffering we endure here, the greater we will perceive our heavenly reward to be. It's sort of like eating an ice cream novelty after dieting for four months: the perceived pleasure is maximized by the severity of the preceding pain, discomfort, and longing.

To oppose earthly suffering (i.e. to indulge pleasurable behaviors) is to resist GOD's plan for the maximization of our perceived heavenly bliss. Now understand this: the most extreme form of this error is to live a life of complete sexual fulfillment! Resist the urge with your very essence! To live life always in the height of erotic climax (as opposed to the pained longing of a celibate life) can only represent an attempt to minimize earthly suffering, that is an attempt to minimize GOD's plan for us, that is to work directly against GOD.

Don't work against GOD! GOD wants what's best for us all, i.e. the maximum perception of heavenly bliss. In the short term it may seem that celibacy ruins the quality of our lives, perhaps even to the extent that our existence resembles a cosmic torture device in its seeming endlessness. This is why some will surely fail! But just remember that the cold, hard bed of utter abstinence is essential to GOD's plan for us. It represents the best that our existence can hold.
15 comments|post comment

celibacy makes the most of your time [11 Aug 2004|09:11pm]
pheredes
We love life. We know that someday we will die. We want to be aware of each moment to the fullest extent possible because we have so little time to be alive.

Violating celibacy prevents us from doing this.

Think of what happens when you have passionate sex with the one you dearly love: you get in bed at about 7:00, and the next thing you know it's 3:30 in the morning.

You say, "Yeah. It's great."

NO, IT'S NOT!

Think of all the time you didn't even notice in those seven and a half hours of hot love making! So much for being aware of each moment to the fullest extent possible!

Celibacy, on the other hand, is the exact opposite. You'll be keenly aware of each lonely second. Minutes will be like hours. Days will be like months. Your life will, all of the sudden, seem immeasurably longer.

Admittedly, this course isn't for everyone. It's only for those who love life enough to make the very most of it, to make the very most of their time as living human beings.

Now swear the two-fold oath:

"I shall never violate celibacy because I want to be aware of each precious second! I shall never violate celibacy because I dearly love my life!"
13 comments|post comment

LINK [31 Jul 2004|01:05am]

raven55
[ mood | contemplative ]

http://members.cox.net/hpcoc/tracts/job057u.htm

post comment

Violating celibacy makes you the less a man. [08 Jul 2004|08:23pm]
pheredes
[ mood | coherent ]

It's well known that most cutting edge scientist are unmarried men. It's because married men tend to have less strength, aggression, generosity, and malice. It's because being married makes you less of a man. It's because...

IT LOWERS YOUR TESTOSTERONE!

So what, you ask, is it in marriage that is so corruptive to the sacred essence of the male soul? I answer that it is the very reason for which any man consents to marriage at all - to consummate the marriage and to repeat that consummation’s act in an endless variety of ways...

BUT!

For he who is brazen enough to actualize the real potential VIRtue, a difficult but in all ways superior path lies ahead - the sublimation of all sexual desires into a life of brutally explosive zest, the fruits of which are as yet unknown but cannot possibly be less than monumental.

15 comments|post comment

Why I've decided to be celibate [04 Jul 2004|12:40am]

vivacious1083
I've decided to become celibate till marriage because, one, STD's are being transmitted like a wild fire and two, the papis either lie about having something or they don't know that they have anything and go on to infect other people-you can barely trust anyone anymore. Three, through my experiences, sex before you're seriously seriously involved with someone I feel gets in the way you getting to know each other and to trust each other. If a guy really respects you, he won't want to jump into having sex with you- he'll want to take the time to get to know you without anything physical goin on. Then it won't just be sex, it will be something worthwhile and not just a "motion". I'm celibate because there's more to me than my body. I'm an intelligent, mature, fun loving, hardworking young woman who's worth getting to know and not just focusing on what I have to offer sexually. My body is a temple and only the deserving man who I marry will have passage to it. My body is a gift, not something to just be had. You have to work very hard for it.
1 comment|post comment

[09 Jun 2004|12:45am]

kenna989
[ mood | content ]

I am 15, male, and I have decided to take a vow of celibacy. Not until I get married, but to NEVER have sex. Because I think that if I ever had sex I would have to be in "love" and my views on love are alot different than other peoples. In my view, most people think that "love" is the sensuous fire that burns, scorches and tortures, that inflicts more wounds than it cures - flaring up now, at the next moment being extinguished, leaving behind more coldness and loneliness than was felt before.

Read more...Collapse )

6 comments|post comment

Why? [06 Jun 2004|03:06pm]

raven55
[ mood | curious ]

If your reading this,I'd like to have you post as to why you are celibate.I'm just curious as to why people choose to be celibate.Until marriage or until you meet your future mate ect. What ever the reason post something.Thanks.

6 comments|post comment

Settling... [25 May 2004|12:54am]

raven55
[ mood | aggravated ]

I'm not,but I think alot of men are I mean good men are the ones that are waiting for their "true love" and ones waiting for marriage for sex.Seems they are settling for woman that can't wait for them and just have sex either to "get it over with" or ex-whores who have "repented" of their "mistakes" when in all reality they are repenting of their SINS! Why is it I find more virgin men then woman? I for one will not ever settle for a woman who couldn't wait for their "true love",I mean why should I?
And why couldn't they wait?I just think alot of these gentlemen are getting cheated and I won't because I refuse to marry a woman like that.

21 comments|post comment

New [25 May 2004|12:51am]

raven55
[ mood | determined ]

I'm new,And just wanted to say hi.I'm 28 and still a virgin.Because I believe you should wait for your true love the one you will marry.I also believe if you have sex before marriage with someone you don't marry you have commited adultry on your future mate.I am waiting and expect my future mate to have also waited not too much to ask.

post comment

Hello. [21 May 2004|10:13pm]

serpents_child
[ mood | curious ]

I'm new to this community and live journal itself. I'm sixteen. I'm planning to wait until I'm married, even though I feel as if everyone has more experience than I do. I have a few male and female friends. My best friend was a bit incredulous when I first told him, but he got used to me. Now I have a fleeting suspicion his family would like us to marry since I'm such a good girl. But anyway I've never had a boyfriend or a girlfriend and I'm not planning to anytime soon. I'm not capable of such an emotional commitment, not that I'm an ice queen (some people think so), but I'm just not ready. Anyway, I'd like to hear from your own experiences. I'm curious as to whether or not there are any other teenagers like me out there. I haven't found anyone like-minded here.

1 comment|post comment

celibacy is the most brazen exemplification of distinctly human existence [13 Apr 2004|11:20pm]
pheredes
[ mood | liberated ]

We human beings are distinct amoung animals because we can postpone and even bypass our baser instincts in favor of something higher. To the extent that we do this, we move beyond what is merely animal to exemplify distinctly human life. The greater the challenge of the decision the greater the exemplification. Let us turn ourselves then to the greater challenges that beset the power of our will. Particularly, let us set our hearts on complete celibacy, for only in this our greatest challenge can we actualize the most brazen exemplification of distinctly human existence.

2 comments|post comment

navigation
[ viewing | most recent entries ]
[ go | earlier ]